Descent Task Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Revival of the group of players who love playing Descent for the Thrill and awesomeness that the 6DOF FPS from the 1990's is

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» We plan to move back to our old home!!!!
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 9:42 pm by Tylosaurus

» Video Prohibido De La Sueca Target=
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:02 pm by Guest

» Office 2013 All-In-One For Dummies
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 8:00 pm by Guest

» Weez1990's & Tylo's Collection of Prehistoric Reptiles & Dinosaurs!
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:50 pm by Tylosaurus

» Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP)
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 1:48 pm by Enzo03

» Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:26 am by Enzo03

» Rat Pack ready
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 12:01 pm by Enzo03

» Mapmaker Mapmaker Make Me My Map (Idea)
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:07 pm by Enzo03

» Pigmy's Leave of Absence
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 5:46 am by Tylosaurus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 29 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tylosaurus
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Tylosaurus

Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Empty
PostSubject: Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD   Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 am

Here you have it people cheers cheers cheers Again rofl! lol!

October 24 this year and this good ole collection will reach it's 18th anniversary! cheers cheers cheers
So here all the games I have collected over these vast years.

Descent Series
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD D1

Descent 2 Series
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD D2

Descent 3 Series
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD D3

Descent Combo Packs
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Descombo

Descent Linux Series
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD DesLinux

Descent Macintosh series
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD DesMac

Descent Playstation Series
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Descent+PS

Descent Books
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Dbooks

Descent Mini Posters
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Dposters

Descent Mouse Pads
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Mousepads

Descent Misc Items:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Desmisc

Descent Freespace Series
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Free1

Descent Freespace 2 Series
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Free2

Descent Freespace Combo Packs
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Dimen

Descent Freespace Books
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD DesFreBooks

So there you have it all 107 items, some may ask why I collect these well, Descent & Freespace have very well thought original designs and since day one they were released as demo's I got hooked to them and wanted only more and more and now this is my result, collecting these games has always been on my mind first you like it a lot then it becomes an addition then it becomes an obsession, no matter the more I can find the greater the thrill!

Also I collected these artworks and 3D renders

Descent Artwork & 3D Renders
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Renders

My latest achievements were these:

Descent3: Mercenary USA Pre-Release Factory Sealed + NOT FOR RESALE Decal under the seal on the box Smile
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD NOT+FOR+RESALE+decal+close+up
Click to Enter!

Great and many thanks to a good friend of mine from USA for this one, a gift of many words 8-)

The Entire Freespace Collection as it is of now lol!
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD 520
Well, that was Freespace so far, it's smaller than I thought it would be, but very interesting none the less.

The latest addition was this interesting package from from MasternX a guy that has a contact with one of the cleaners that worked @ Interplay HQ back in 2003 to 2004, when it was being cleared after it shut down Smile
So here's the parts in a one shot:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Interplay+Descent+Office+gear

That frame hung in the Interplay HQ Office hallways, them CD-R's are host software of Descent 1 and 2, the one with the scratches is the Descent 1 Alpha disc, this is where it all began before it was going final, the one from 1996 is the host disk for Descent Anniversary Edition me thinks hence the date of the disk, unless some Interplay Employee's can help me out here!

Anyways this came to me all thanks to MasternX from this website:
http://forums.my-collections.eu/
However I left that place some time ago, somethings didn't feel right, ah well no matter, sometimes it's best to leave a place before all hell breaks loose Cool

Okay here it is, only two items missing within the uber shot, which is the Interplay 7 level Descent Demo USA mini boxed:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD ID1Demo

&

BytingEdge International Inc. USA Descent 3-D Air Combat 7 Level Descent Demo
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD BEIusad1dem

And they are within one of them many boxes and no I am not gonna do this again, since I just tidied up rofl, So to relay it all for just two lousy items? uhm no rofl lol!

Here the entire lot:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD The+entire+Descent+-+Freespace+collection+520

And only the boxes which is like 70% of the entire collection:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD The+entire+Descent+-+Freespace+collection+boxes+only+520

Anyways it's Ultra HUGE! And yeah it's bigger than I though it was really! Crikey it even scared me rofl Image Image

So yeah, since October 24, 1994 til this very day, it was well worth doing and yes I will keep on collecting if I come across something I don't own yet, don't worry my friends, it will keep growing as long as I keep finding new items to add to it Cool

The only ones I seek now are these in boxed or factory sealed condition:

Descent: First Strike for Apple Macintosh:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Descent++For+Mac

Descent II: Counterstrike for Apple Macintosh:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Descent2+for+Macintosh

So yeah it's pretty much complete now 8-)

Anyhow as the last half year goes, I have had mixed feelings about all this, of like selling it, but hey after at looking on what I have gathered all them years, I have decided to keep it all for now, it is a unique thing after all right.

Descent like Freespace means life to me as retro games go, they probably were two of the best game types ever to be created in the entire gaming history cheers

Last edited by Tylosaurus on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/v/3dfx_collectors/collectors_goldlead
Tylosaurus
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD   Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:36 am

Well heres the moment of truth my Interplay friends Smile

Meet Descent 3 USA for Macintosh with the ultra rare printed IMac Logo on the box!!!! Shocked Shocked :mrgreen:

So here some pics to explore after looking for this item for 13 years and 7 months!:

Descent 3 for Macintosh top:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Descent3+USA+for+Macintosh+top

Descent3 For Macintosh rear:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Descent3+USA+for+Macintosh+rear

D3 for Mac + manual opened:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD D3+for+Mac+Manual+opened

D3 for Mac + Hand written chat codes from original owner from after game's release:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD D3+for+Mac+Hand+wirrten+cheats+by+previous+owner

The three different Descent3 USA boxes; Mac box is largest of the three:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD The+3+Different+D3+USA_s+top

It's slightly larger than the PC version; here the rear views:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD The+3+Different+D3+USA_s+rear

Side view:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD The+3+Different+D3+USA_s+side

Here the entire Descent3 collection complete; all four variants:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD The+4+Different+D3_s+top

Rear view:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD The+4+Different+D3_s+rear

Here all the Macintosh versions of the entire Descent Series; top view:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD 4+Part+Descent+Macintosh+Series+top

Here the rear view of that same pic:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD 4+Part+Descent+Macintosh+Series+rear

Descent Mac series art mode top:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Descent+Mac+Series+art+mode+top

Descent mac Series art mode rear:
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Descent+Mac+Series+art+mode+rear

All in all I have now every software version of Descent complete for Windows, Linux, Macintosh & Playstation, box art wise I only am missing the following two:

Descent USA for Macintosh
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Descent++For+Mac

Descent II USA for Macintosh
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Descent2+for+Macintosh
I know they exist but I have not seen these anywhere as in Mint in box or Factory Sealed format, so I'll be on the lookout as usual 8-)

Many many thanks go to DKH for helping me acquire this ultra rare item!!! I SALUTE !!! Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Respekt Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Respekt Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Respekt

Meet item 107:

Descent 3.5" FDD Version German Factory Sealed from 1994! Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Icon_cheers :mrgreen: Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Icon_cheers :mrgreen: Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Icon_cheers
http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150768965656
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD CIMG6451 Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD CIMG6452

And nooeees I could not leave this BEAUTY!!!!!! Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Icon_cheers :mrgreen: Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Icon_cheers :mrgreen: Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Icon_cheers :mrgreen: Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Icon_cheers

Update!

Here the pics of that D1 game I bought off ebay Smile
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Descent+EUR+FDD+Version+1994+Factory+Sealed+top

rear view and the year date 1994 ! bounce bounce bounce
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Descent+EUR+FDD+Version+1994+Factory+Sealed+rear
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD   Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Meet item 108 whooo hoooo!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Descent 2 Eur Italy!
Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD Descent+2+Eur+Italy
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260686162238&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

As you can see this Italian version of Descent 2 Eur has a blue boarder on it's box art, I never seen this before, so I thought it would be an interesting addition Cool
Back to top Go down
PigmyRhino
Chancellor
Chancellor
PigmyRhino

PostSubject: Re: Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD   Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:39 pm

It's beautiful! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://descenttaskforce.forumotion.com
Trent Hawkins
Elite
Elite
Trent Hawkins

Location : /Universe/Milky-way/Sol/Earth/Europe/Greece/Athens/~

PostSubject: Re: Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD   Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Damn, it can only grow bigger.
:bounce:
Back to top Go down
Descent-Freak
Cadet
Cadet
Descent-Freak

PostSubject: Re: Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD   Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Uhh. You really think no one has ever seen this before. :rolleyes:
Back to top Go down
Enzo03
Cadet
Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD   Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:26 am

Uhh, you really think he said nobody has seen it before. :rolleyes:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD   Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD
Page 1 of 1