Descent Task Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Revival of the group of players who love playing Descent for the Thrill and awesomeness that the 6DOF FPS from the 1990's is

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» We plan to move back to our old home!!!!
Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 9:42 pm by Tylosaurus

» Video Prohibido De La Sueca Target=
Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:02 pm by Guest

» Office 2013 All-In-One For Dummies
Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 8:00 pm by Guest

» Weez1990's & Tylo's Collection of Prehistoric Reptiles & Dinosaurs!
Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:50 pm by Tylosaurus

» Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP)
Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 1:48 pm by Enzo03

» Meet The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection! xDDDD
Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:26 am by Enzo03

» Rat Pack ready
Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 12:01 pm by Enzo03

» Mapmaker Mapmaker Make Me My Map (Idea)
Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:07 pm by Enzo03

» Pigmy's Leave of Absence
Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 5:46 am by Tylosaurus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 29 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Enzo03
Cadet
Cadet

Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) Empty
PostSubject: Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP)   Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 1:48 pm

I am working on an 8 level anarchy set for D1 (will probably port to D2) called Foe-Tech.

I will add details for each level as I build the set.
I currently have 3 levels finished.

Level 1: Betaphenethylamine
Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) RXrJ5
Some of you have played an earlier version of this one. Has one large dogfighting room in the center of the level, plenty of tunnels, a couple of vertical shafts to make things interesting too. Watch out for the reactor, it's relatively in the open and pretty nasty. Though I meant for this to be a speedmapping effort, it took a lot longer than I expected due to tweaks and additional geometry.

Level 2: Octagon High
Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) OczqL
I intended for this to be a speed map but it wound up being not only an enormous map, but also taking an extremely long time when I decided upon a new design idea - instead of textures, everything (except doors, some grates, and energy centers) have flat colors and lighting. Oh yeah, and of course there are octagon shapes all over the place. The reactor is more out of the way than in the first level, but that's not out of concern for *you*, of course. There is totally not a Mega behind the exit door.

I may attempt to adjust the lighting of the level, perhaps to have flat shading so that the flat colors that inevitably come from DLE's lighting will not confuse players as much. Or maybe I should learn SDLDevil, because its lighting seems to always create contrasts between sides.

Level 3: Jacked In
Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP) FBNOi
This is the first true speedmap in this level pack. The majority of the level is made up of 60x60x20 segments all over the place, because that's really the easiest way to make lots of gameplay area really fast. The reactor this time is much more out of the way than in the other levels.

More to come later on.
Back to top Go down

Foe-Tech (D1) (WIP, 8 Levels, MP)
Page 1 of 1